USAA Login: USAA (United Services Automobile Association) is a financial services company that provides banking, investing, insurance, and other financial products to current and former members of the U.S. military and their families. With over 13 million members, USAA is one of the largest providers of financial services in America.
If you have an account with USAA, you can manage it online by logging into your account on the USAA website or mobile app. Here is a guide to using USAA online, including how to log in, an overview of features, and answers to frequently asked questions.
Logging into Your USAA Account
To log into your USAA account online, follow these simple steps:
- Go to usaa.com or open the USAA mobile app on your device.
- Click on “Log In” in the top right corner of the homepage.
- Enter your USAA member number and password on the login page.
- If prompted, provide any additional authentication information such as a verification code sent to your phone or email.
- Once logged in, you will see your USAA dashboard which provides an overview of your accounts.
If you have forgotten your username or password, you can use the “Forgot login” option on the login page to reset it. You’ll need to provide identifying information to verify your identity.
For added security, USAA encourages members to enable two-factor authentication which requires a second form of verification each time you log in.
Key Features of USAA’s Online and Mobile Experience
Once logged into your account, you’ll have access to the full range of USAA’s digital services. Here are some of the key features available:
- View account balances– See up-to-date balances for your USAA banking, credit card, investment, and insurance accounts.
- Transfer money– Transfer funds between USAA accounts or external accounts. Set up one-time or recurring transfers.
- Pay bills– Pay bills directly from your USAA account using electronic payments or checks. Set up and manage payees.
- Deposit checks– Use your phone’s camera to deposit checks into your eligible USAA accounts.
- Apply for loans– Browse loan options like mortgages, auto loans, and personal loans and submit applications online.
- Open new accounts– Open additional USAA checking, savings, CD, and investment accounts digitally.
- Manage investments– View investment balances, holdings, and performance. Trade stocks, ETFs, options, and other securities.
- Insurance services– Manage your USAA insurance policies, file claims, and get quotes for new policies.
- Access member support– Connect with USAA member service professionals by phone, secure messaging, or video chat.
Whether you want to monitor balances, transfer funds, pay bills, or contact support, you can take care of your essential USAA banking and service needs through the online and mobile experience.
Frequently Asked Questions About USAA Login and Accounts
Here are answers to some common questions people have about logging into USAA and managing USAA accounts online:
How do I reset my USAA online account password?
If you’ve forgotten your password, use the “Forgot login” option on the USAA login page. You’ll need to provide your member number and verify your identity to reset your password.
What if I’ve been locked out of my USAA account?
If you exceed the number of failed login attempts, your account may be temporarily locked for security. Contact USAA Member Service to unlock your account. Avoid account lockouts by not sharing your login credentials.
Is the USAA website secure?
Yes, USAA uses advanced encryption and security measures to keep your information safe. Look for the lock icon in your browser and “https” in the website URL for indicators of a secure connection.
Can I use my fingerprint to log into the USAA app?
Yes, you can enable biometric login like fingerprint or facial recognition on the USAA mobile app for an easy and secure login experience. This feature is available on most modern smartphones.
How do I sign up for two-factor authentication?
You can enable two-factor authentication by going to Profile & Settings > Security Center after logging into your account. Add your phone number to receive verification codes by text or automated call.
How long does my USAA session stay active if I don’t log out?
For security reasons, your USAA online or mobile session will automatically time out after 10 minutes of inactivity. Any longer idle time will automatically log you out.
Can someone else see my account if I’m logged in on a shared device?
No, your USAA session is secure and private even on a shared public device. For additional safety, log out of your account after each use on a shared computer or phone.
What is the mobile check deposit limit?
The standard per-check limit for mobile check deposits is $3,000 with a rolling 30-day limit of $10,000. Higher limits may be available upon request and eligibility.
How can I update my profile or contact information?
You can edit profile details like your address, phone number, and email within your USAA account. Go to Profile & Settings > My Profile and edit your personal information.
Who do I contact for help with my USAA account?
You can call USAA Member Service at 800-531-8722 for assistance. Or access support through Secure Messages and chat after logging into your account.
Convenient Digital Access to USAA Financial Services
With robust online and mobile capabilities, USAA makes it simple and convenient for military members and their families to manage their finances digitally 24/7. Whether checking your account balance, depositing a check, transferring funds, or getting insurance quotes, you can take care of essential USAA services easily on your computer, phone or tablet once logged into your account.
Faizan Ahmad is a financial analyst and writer who specializes in investments, banking, and corporate finance. He has over 7 years of experience working in the finance industry in various roles.
He leverages his strong financial modeling and data analysis skills to provide insightful commentary on business, markets, and economic trends.
At Ventures Money, Faizan covers topics including Credit Card Reviews, Loans, Insurance, and Mutual Funds in the banking sector. He provides in-depth analysis of the latest news and trends to help readers make smart investment decisions.
Outside of writing, Faizan enjoys following the stock market, rooting for his favorite sports teams, and spending time with his family.