The Lululemon credit card, issued by Synchrony Bank, is a store card that offers benefits and rewards to loyal Lululemon customers. With special financing options, exclusive discounts, free shipping, and the ability to earn points on Lululemon purchases, the Lululemon card can be a great addition to frequent Lululemon shoppers.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about the Lululemon credit card, including:
- An overview of the card and its benefits
- Eligibility requirements
- The sign-up bonus offer
- Earning and redeeming rewards
- Credit card benefits
- Payment options and APR information
- Fees associated with the card
- Pros and cons compared to other cards
- Customer reviews and feedback
Let’s get started!
Overview of the Lululemon Credit Card
The Lululemon credit card is a store-branded credit card that can only be used at Lululemon retail locations and on Lululemon.com. Cardholders earn 3 points per $1 spent at Lululemon and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases. Points can be redeemed for reward certificates that can be used on future Lululemon purchases.
In addition to earning rates, the Lululemon card offers benefits like special financing on purchases, free shipping, early access to sales and new product releases, exclusive discounts, and complimentary hemming when you use the card. There is no annual fee.
The Lululemon credit card is ideal for loyal Lululemon customers who frequently shop at Lululemon and want to maximize rewards and perks. However, it is not recommended for anyone who doesn’t spend much at Lululemon annually, since the rewards have little value outside of Lululemon purchases.
Lululemon Credit Card Eligibility
To qualify for the Lululemon credit card, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Have a U.S. residential address (no P.O. boxes allowed)
- Have decent credit (applicants with no credit or poor credit are unlikely to be approved)
As a store card, approval requirements for the Lululemon card are usually easier to meet than general-purpose credit cards. However, excellent credit is not required. Even applicants with average credit scores around 670 have been approved.
The Lululemon credit card application process can be completed online or in-store. An instant decision is generally provided.
Lululemon Credit Card Welcome Bonus
As a limited-time promotion, the Lululemon credit card offers a signup bonus of 15% off a single purchase within 60 days of account opening. No minimum spend is required to earn this one-time new cardholder discount.
While not as lucrative as some other credit card welcome bonuses, 15% off can result in major savings on larger Lululemon purchases of apparel and accessories. Based on Lululemon’s typical prices, 15% off a $500 purchase would equate to $75 in savings.
Just keep in mind this welcome offer is only valid for a single transaction made within the first 2 months of card ownership. Ongoing rewards and benefits provide more long-term value.
How to Earn Rewards with the Lululemon Card
The Lululemon credit card earns:
- 3 points per $1 spent at Lululemon– In-store and online
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases– Anywhere else the card is accepted
Points expire 5 years after the end of the calendar year in which they were earned. So any points earned in 2023 would expire on December 31, 2028.
There is no limit to the number of points that can be earned. High-spenders can rack up points quickly through Lululemon purchases.
How to Redeem Lululemon Credit Card Rewards
Lululemon rewards points can be redeemed in two ways:
- Reward Certificates
- 5,000 points = $10 reward certificate
- 15,000 points = $30 reward certificate
- 30,000 points = $60 reward certificate
- 50,000 points = $100 reward certificate
Reward certificates can be used as cash towards future Lululemon purchases online, in-store, or by phone. Certificates have no expiration as long as the account remains open and in good standing.
- Account Credit
Cardholders can opt to redeem any amount of points as an account credit. 1 point = 1 cent. So 10,000 points would equal $100 in account credit. Credits are applied as a statement credit to the card balance.
No minimum redemption thresholds. Account credits can be requested in any increment, though reward certificates generally provide better value.
Credit Card Benefits and Perks
Beyond rewards points, the Lululemon credit card comes with some nice benefits:
- Free shipping– Receive free 3-day shipping on Lululemon.com orders with no minimum purchase for cardholders
- Early access– Get early access to Lululemon sales, product releases, and promotions
- Complimentary hemming– Alterations like hemming pants or crops are free when you pay with your Lululemon card
- Exclusive discounts– Cardmembers get first dibs on special discounted or limited edition items
- Return policy– Enjoy an extended 60-day return window on purchases made with the Lululemon card
- Contactless payment– The Lululemon credit card supports tap-to-pay contactless transactions for faster checkout
- Purchase protection– Eligible purchases are covered against damage and theft for 90 days up to $500 per claim
- Extended warranty– Doubles the original manufacturer’s warranty up to 1 year on eligible purchases
For a store card, the Lululemon credit card comes packed with nice perks you won’t find with a regular credit card.
Lululemon Credit Card Payment, APR, and Fees
Here are some key details on how the Lululemon credit card works with payments, interest rates, and fees:
- APR– 25.24% variable
- Minimum payment– 1% of the balance or $29, whichever is greater
- Late fee– Up to $40
- Balance transfer fee– None
- Cash advance fee– Either $10 or 5% of the amount, whichever is greater
- Foreign transaction fee– None
- Annual fee– $0
The Lululemon card has a higher-than-average APR compared to most other rewards cards. Rates are on the high side since this is a retail store card. Paying your bill in full monthly avoids interest.
Unlike many other store cards, the Lululemon card has no annual fee. And there are no foreign transaction fees which is great for international Lululemon purchases.
Pros of the Lululemon Credit Card
There are quite a few advantages to using the Lululemon credit card, including:
- Lucrative rewards– Earn 3X points per $1 at Lululemon, which translates to 5% back in rewards certificates
- Enhanced discounts– Cardholders get early access to sales and promotions plus extra discounts
- Free shipping– Lululemon products ship free when you pay with this card
- Flexibility redeeming points– Points can be redeemed for any amount in account credit
- Useful Lululemon benefits– Perks like free hemming and extended returns offer real savings
- No annual fee– Unlike many other retail cards, no yearly fee to use the card
The combination of rewards, discounts, free shipping, and Lululemon-specific benefits make this a great option for loyal Lululemon fans.
Cons of the Lululemon Credit Card
The Lululemon credit card does come with a few drawbacks:
- High APR– The interest rate is 25.24%, making this card a bad option for carrying balances
- Useful mainly at Lululemon– Points don’t transfer or have much value outside of Lululemon
- Redemption minimums– Need at least 5,000 points to redeem reward certificates
- Harder to qualify– Approval requires decent credit so new credit users may not qualify
- Limited signup bonus– The current welcome offer is only 15% off a single Lululemon purchase
The Lululemon card is best for customers who spend regularly at Lululemon and pay off balances monthly. For anyone who doesn’t shop at Lululemon often, the rewards have minimal value.
Lululemon Credit Card Reviews: What Customers Are Saying
Here’s an overview of customer sentiment and reviews on the Lululemon credit card:
- Excellent rewards– Most mention getting strong rewards value from the 5% back in points on Lululemon purchases
- Valuable discounts– Cardholders highlight discounts, advanced access to sales, and special offers as major benefits
- Great for Lululemon fans– Frequent Lululemon shoppers love maximizing rewards and perks
- Easy approval– Even those with average credit mention getting approved without hassle
- Useless outside Lululemon– Critical reviews mention the card isn’t worth using if you don’t shop at Lululemon routinely
- High APR– Some caution that interest rates are very high, so carrying a balance can get expensive
Overall, sentiment skews very positively among frequent Lululemon customers. However, infrequent shoppers appear underwhelmed by the card’s benefits.
Lululemon Credit Card FAQ
Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the Lululemon credit card:
How do I apply for the Lululemon credit card?
You can apply at any Lululemon retail location or online at lululemon.com. An instant decision is provided in most cases once you complete the application.
What is the credit score needed to qualify?
Exact credit requirements are not publicly disclosed, but a fair or average score (around 650-670) should qualify based on customer reviews. Those with no credit history likely won’t be approved.
Can the Lululemon card be used outside of Lululemon?
Yes, the Lululemon card functions like any other Visa credit card that can be used anywhere Visa is accepted. You just won’t earn bonus points on non-Lululemon purchases.
Are points earned unlimited?
Yes. There is no limit to the number of points you can accumulate.
Do points expire?
Yes. Lululemon points expire 5 years after the year they were earned.
Can I combine my Lululemon points with other loyalty programs?
Unfortunately no. Lululemon points cannot be combined with or transferred to any other loyalty programs.
Is there an annual fee?
No, there is no annual fee to use the Lululemon credit card.
Does the card offer 0% APR financing?
Yes, the Lululemon card offers 0% promo APR offers on qualifying purchases from time to time. The standard purchase APR is 25.24% though.
Is there a foreign transaction fee?
No. The Lululemon card does not charge any foreign transaction fees.
Is the Lululemon Credit Card Worth It?
The Lululemon credit card is extremely rewarding and worthwhile for loyal Lululemon customers. Between the earnings rate of 3 points per dollar at Lululemon and the array of discounts and perks, frequent Lululemon shoppers will get tremendous value from the card. Plus, no annual fee keeps it free to earn rewards.
However, the Lululemon card is not ideal for anyone who doesn’t routinely shop at Lululemon. With rewards and perks tailored specifically to Lululemon purchases, there are better general cash back and travel rewards cards for those with more varied spending. But for true Lululemon devotees, the branded card is a must-have to maximize savings.
The Bottom Line
With a lucrative 3X points per dollar at Lululemon and other solid benefits like free shipping and discounts, the Lululemon branded credit card is a great option for loyal Lululemon customers looking to earn rewards on their purchases. Use it regularly when shopping at Lululemon to maximize value. But infrequent Lululemon shoppers should consider a more universally flexible rewards card instead for everyday spending.
Faizan Ahmad is a financial analyst and writer who specializes in investments, banking, and corporate finance. He has over 7 years of experience working in the finance industry in various roles.
He leverages his strong financial modeling and data analysis skills to provide insightful commentary on business, markets, and economic trends.
At Ventures Money, Faizan covers topics including Credit Card Reviews, Loans, Insurance, and Mutual Funds in the banking sector. He provides in-depth analysis of the latest news and trends to help readers make smart investment decisions.
Outside of writing, Faizan enjoys following the stock market, rooting for his favorite sports teams, and spending time with his family.