Cardis Credit Cards: Credit cards have become an integral part of our financial lives. With so many options out there, it can be difficult to know which card is right for your needs. One popular credit card issuer that has been gaining attention lately is Cardis.
Cardis is a relatively new player in the credit card industry, but they have quickly made a name for themselves by offering robust rewards programs, innovative technology, and top-notch customer service. In this article, we’ll take an in-depth look at Cardis credit cards to see if they might be a good fit for your wallet.
Overview of Cardis Credit Cards
Cardis offers a suite of credit cards, including cash back, travel, and balance transfer cards. Their cards are powered by the Visa network and come with features like:
- Generous rewards rates
- Lucrative sign-up bonuses
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 annual fees on most cards
- Leading edge mobile app with budgeting tools
- Premium travel benefits and protections
Cardis caters to consumers across the credit spectrum. They offer cards for those new to credit, like the Cardis Beginner Cash Back card, as well as premium cards for those with excellent credit.
Cardis Credit Card Rewards Programs
One of the main draws of Cardis credit cards is the rewards. Cardis offers a range of rewards cards with up to 5% back in popular categories. Here is a breakdown of their main rewards credit cards:
Cardis Cash Back Card – This straightforward cash-back card offers 1.5% back on all purchases with no annual fee. There are no bonus categories to track.
Cardis Dining Rewards Card – Foodies will love this card, which offers 3% back at restaurants and 2% back at grocery stores. No annual fee.
Cardis Travel Rewards Card – This premium travel card offers 5x points on airfare and hotels, 3x points on dining/gas, and 1x points on other purchases. Points can be redeemed for travel at a 25% bonus. There is a $95 annual fee.
Cardis Rewards Plus Card – This unique card offers 5% back in rotating quarterly bonus categories (like gas, dining, and groceries). Outside of the bonus categories, it earns 1% back. No annual fee.
As you can see, Cardis offers a card for virtually any spending habit or lifestyle. The cards make it easy to maximize rewards in your frequent spending categories.
Cardis Credit Card Sign-Up Bonuses
In addition to rewarding everyday spending, Cardis hooks new card members with lucrative sign-up bonuses. Sign-up bonuses offer a lump sum of rewards after meeting a minimum spending requirement in the first few months. Here are some of the best offers available right now:
- Cardis Cash Back Card– $200 cash back after spending $500 in the first 3 months
- Cardis Travel Rewards Card– 50,000 points (worth $625 in travel) after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months
- Cardis Dining Rewards Card– 15,000 points (worth $150) after spending $500 in the first 3 months
- Cardis Rewards Plus Card– $150 cash back after spending $500 in the first 3 months
As you can see, the sign-up bonuses can add hundreds of dollars in value right off the bat. Pay attention to special promotions, which sometimes offer even higher bonuses.
Cardis Credit Card Application Perks
Cardis entices new applicants by offering incentives even before you are approved. Here are some perks you’ll get just from applying:
- No impact on your credit score– Cardis uses a “soft pull” when you apply, meaning it won’t affect your credit score. You can shop around freely.
- $0 fraud liability guarantee– If there are any unauthorized charges on your new Cardis card, you won’t be held liable. Peace of mind right from the start.
- Instant card number upon approval– You don’t need to wait for your card to arrive in the mail. Start using your virtual card number immediately after approval.
- Fair and transparent application process– Cardis won’t deny you without an explanation or chance to provide additional info. Their applications are designed to be applicant-friendly.
The application process with Cardis is designed to put applicants first. This is a welcome change from some other issuers that seem to thrive on denials and gotcha fine print.
Cardis Balance Transfer Credit Cards
If you’re carrying a balance on a high-interest credit card, a Cardis balance transfer card can save you serious money in interest. Here are the key features of Cardis balance transfer cards:
- 0% APR on balance transfers for 12-18 months (0% interest for over a year!)
- No balance transfer fees
- Competitive ongoing APR after the 0% intro period ends
- Opportunity to earn rewards on new purchases
To qualify for a Cardis balance transfer card, you’ll need good to excellent credit. Make sure to transfer balances within the first 60 days of account opening to lock in the 0% Annual percentage rate (APR) intro rate.
Transferring high-interest balances to a Cardis card can freeze interest for over a year, allowing you to pay down debt much faster. It’s one of the best ways to save money if you have existing credit card balances.
Cardis Mobile App and Digital Tools
Managing your credit card on the go is a breeze with the highly-rated Cardis mobile app. It’s packed with tools to help you stay on top of your finances, including:
- Account activity notifications
- Instant locking/unlocking of your card
- Spending tracker with charts
- Budget manager
- Digital card wallet to make contactless payments
- Foreign transaction notifications to detect fraud
- Ability to redeem rewards and book travel
Many Cardis card members love the app for its customizable budgeting features. You can set daily/weekly/monthly spending goals and track your progress over time. It makes monitoring your money effortless.
Cardis Credit Card Security Benefits
With credit card fraud on the rise, security is a major priority for card cards. All cards come with zero liability fraud protection, but Cardis goes above and beyond with these other security benefits:
- $0 liability guarantee– Already mentioned, but worth reiterating. You pay $0 if there is unauthorized activity on your Cardis card.
- 24/7 fraud monitoring– Cardis uses real-time algorithms to detect suspicious charges and alert you immediately.
- Encrypted chip cards– Cardis cards use EMV chip technology for enhanced point-of-sale security.
- Disposable virtual card numbers– Generate temporary card numbers when shopping online to keep your real number safe.
- Instant lock/unlock– Lock your card immediately if it’s misplaced, then unlock it with the app when found.
From cutting-edge technology to proactive monitoring and alerts, Cardis equips its cards with multi-dimensional protection. You can feel at ease using your card anywhere.
Who Should Get a Cardis Credit Card?
With so many excellent features, who are Cardis credit cards best suited for? Here are a few profiles who may benefit most from a Cardis card:
- Frequent travelers– The premium travel benefits, 5x points on airfare/hotels, and $0 foreign transaction fees make these ideal for jet-setters.
- Foodies– The dining rewards cards offer excellent earning potential at restaurants worldwide. Wine and dine with rewards!
- Mobile users– If you love managing your finances on your phone, the highly rated Cardis app provides the ultimate convenience.
- Balance transfer candidates– Those with high-interest credit card balances can save big with a 0% APR intro period and no balance transfer fee from Cardis.
- Students/first-time card users– Cardis makes it easier for newcomers to get approved and offers top-notch fraud protections.
Overall, Cardis cards provide valuable rewards, robust features, and great service across all credit profiles. There’s likely a Cardis card suited for any lifestyle and spending habit.
Cardis Credit Cards – The Downsides
While Cardis cards offer a lot of advantages, there are a few potential downsides to consider:
High rewards rates may mean lower approval odds – Compared to big banks, approval for Cardis’ premium rewards cards can be a bit stricter due to the high rewards costs they incur. Those with excellent credit stand the best chances.
Late payment fees are significant – To deter late payments, Cardis charges up to $40 for your first late payment and up to $45 for additional late payments within 6 billing cycles. Not ideal if you occasionally miss due dates.
Mostly a domestic network – Though Cardis cards don’t charge foreign transaction fees, they haven’t built up a robust international presence yet. Acceptance may be spotty at some overseas merchants.
Young company – Cardis entered the scene in 2018 and still has a lot of growth ahead. Their limited history could be a drawback for some compared to established providers.
While Cardis offers leading-edge technology and great features, they are still a young startup adapting to scale. For some, sticking with a tried-and-true brand may feel safer.
Cardis Credit Cards Customer Service Reviews
With new fintech companies like Cardis disrupting banking, many wonder – how good is their customer service compared to legacy providers? Based on online Cardis credit card reviews, their customer service receives high marks:
- Quick dispute resolution– Customers report fraud disputes handled within 1 business day, faster than many competitors.
- 24/7 support– Cardis agents are available by phone or chat at any hour, unlike some banks with limited service hours.
- Knowledgeable agents– Representatives are well-informed about Cardis’ products, policies, and technology. Minimal handoffs.
- US-based support– When you call their service line, you speak to well-trained agents located in the US. No outsourcing overseas.
- Proactive notifications– Many complement the real-time spending alerts that inform them of suspicious activity before they even notice it.
- Secure message center– Customers like the ability to send encrypted messages containing personal info instead of emailing Cardis support with PII.
Overall, reviews of Cardis customer service indicate they are raising the bar on support – accessible, informed, and proactive. For a young startup, this is quite impressive.
Should You Get a Cardis Credit Card?
Here are a few final pros and cons to weigh when deciding if a Cardis credit card belongs in your wallet:
- Rewarding points/cash back across multiple card options
- Lucrative welcome bonuses can provide quick returns
- Balance transfer cards offer 0% intro APR for 12+ months
- Top-rated mobile app with many financial management tools
- Excellent fraud protection and security benefits
- Strong customer service reputation
- Approval odds may be tougher for premium cards
- Significant late fee penalties
- Limited acceptance overseas
- Short history as a new issuer
For many Americans, the robust rewards programs, digital features, premium benefits, and solid customer service will outweigh the downsides. But review both the pros and cons carefully to ensure a Cardis card is in your best financial interest.
Cardis Credit Card FAQs
Still have some questions about Cardis credit cards and whether they are right for your wallet? Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
What types of Cardis credit cards are available?
Cardis offers cash back cards, travel rewards cards, dining rewards cards, balance transfer cards, and a unique rewards points card with rotating bonus categories. There is a Cardis card for most spending profiles.
What is the minimum credit score needed for approval?
For basic cards like the no-fee cash-back card, you may be approved with scores as low as 620. But for premium cards with high rewards and bonuses, you will need good to excellent credit of 690+.
Does Cardis offer virtual card numbers?
Yes, the Cardis app allows you to generate disposable virtual card numbers when shopping online to protect your actual card number from fraud.
Is there a smartphone app for managing my Cardis card?
Yes, the Cardis app earns high praise for its financial management tools like customizable notifications, instant locking, budget automation, and more.
Can I redeem Cardis rewards points for travel?
On the premium travel rewards card, Cardis points can be redeemed for 25% more value when booking travel including flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, and more.
What kind of account security does Cardis offer?
All cards come with $0 fraud liability, encrypted chips, digital wallets, instant lock features, 24/7 monitoring, and other security benefits.
Hopefully, these FAQs answered some of your remaining questions! The key takeaway is that Cardis credit cards provide competitive rewards and features compared to other top issuers. For many consumers, they are a great option to earn rewards and simplify finances.
The Bottom Line
Cardis burst onto the credit card scene just a few years ago but has quickly built an impressive suite of credit card products. Their cash back, travel, dining, and balance transfer cards make it easy to maximize your everyday spending. Useful tools like disposable card numbers and instant alerts help provide peace of mind. For a newcomer to the industry, their top-notch mobile app and customer service are quite remarkable.
While young companies sometimes stumble out of the gates, Cardis seems poised for growth and disruption. If you are considering a new credit card, be sure to evaluate the Cardis offerings alongside your other options. Apply online for any card in minutes. With robust rewards programs, leading-edge technology, and top customer satisfaction, Cardis credit cards can be an exciting and valuable addition to your financial toolbox.
Mustafa Al Mahmud is the Founder of Ventures Money and also a professional Blogger, SEO Professional as well as Entrepreneur. He loves to travel and enjoy his free moment with family members and friends.